The Latest: European stocks close sharply lower after ECB
Stocks markets in Europe have closed sharply lower as investors appear unconvinced by the European Central Bank’s stimulus measures. Germany’s DAX ended the day down 2.3 percent after initially rising on the ECB announcement of rate cuts and more bond … Continue reading at heraldstandard.com
UK Stocks-Factors to watch on March 11
For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on * The UK blue chip index … Plc Earnings Release TODAY’S UK PAPERS > Financial Times > Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 … Continue reading at reuters.com
Image by Alpat
Asian stocks uneven as uncertainty weighs ahead of ECB meet
HONG KONG (AP) -- Asian stocks traded unevenly Wednesday as investors were uncertain about the steps policymakers would take to help revive flagging growth during this week’s widely anticipated European Central Bank meeting. KEEPING SCORE: Japan’s … Continue reading at wacotrib.com
Stocks and Bonds
Stocks end roller-coaster day with little change
NEW YORK -- Stocks swung between gains and losses on Thursday, then ended right back where they started. With seconds to close, the Standard and Poor’s 500 eked out a gain, finishing just 0.02 percent higher. Stocks rose at the open of trading … Continue reading at triblive.com
5 Most Popular S&P 500 Stocks
making further headlines as investors were concerned whether Icahn was bearish on the company’s future. During the fourth quarter, 15 gurus bought shares in Microsoft, which saw its stock rise 20% over the last year. Dodge & Cox is the largest guru … Continue reading at nasdaq.com
Aimed at entry level professionals and private investors, this text offers an insider’s perspective on the markets. It has been su…
When it comes to investing, the conventional wisdom is to buy-and-hold a balanced portfolio of stocks and bonds. However, followin…
This book is a starting point to help you understand your investing options and how they work. It is key to understanding how to m…
Stocks and Bonds
Investorideas.com Newswire Includes #Hashtags for Key Words and $Cashtags for Stock Symbols in Headlines; (NASDAQ: $TSLA), #ElectricVehicles
Vancouver BC, Point Roberts WA – March 9, 2016 (Investorideas.com renewable energy stocks newswire) Investorideas.com a digital global news source covering leading sectors including tech stocks, biotech, mining, energy and renewable energy announces the … Continue reading at investorideas.com
Image by wallyg
* Go to http://www.cityindex.co.uk/market-analysis/ for more trading insights from spread betting and CFD trading provider City Index. Here, Sophia Ziaee brings you the key activity shaping the markets on 8th August. Headlines include:
– Reports suggest the European Central Bank is set to wade into the financial markets today in an attempt to prevent the turmoil in the single-currency area from spiralling out of control.
– Earlier today the ECB stepped into bond markets, backing up a pledge to support Spain and Italy with the aim to prevent financial meltdown in the euro zone.
– Meanwhile, in the UK, It was a volatile start for the FTSE 100 with stocks starting to recover from earlier falls.
– The market is braced for a bleak quarterly inflation report from the Bank of England later this week, which is expected to confirm the picture of disappointing growth at home and abroad.
– Wall Street is set for a sharply lower opening after the unprecedented Standard & Poor’s downgrade of the U.S. government’s AAA debt rating to AA+, and assigned it a negative outlook
– The implication is that gold will continue its bull run which included an all time high earlier of 15, while oil will seek a lower support.
– So there are plenty of markets to be trading on this week, stay tuned for another market update tomorrow.
Visit http://www.cityindex.co.uk/spread-betting/ for more spread betting insights courtesy of City Index.
Spread betting and CFD trading are leveraged products which can result in losses greater than your initial deposit. Ensure you fully understand the risks.
Stocks and Bonds